RN/LPN - Skilled Nursing PRN - $27.00/hr - 47.17/hr DOE
Our community is thriving! We are expanding and looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team. If you share our passion for serving older adults and are seeking a vibrant, inter-generational workplace focused on wellness and purposeful living, we invite you to apply today.
Casey’s Pond is a Great Place to Work certified community! We aim to provide a consistently positive work experience and work to inspire every individual to achieve their full potential.
We offer flexible year-round positions with insurance benefits, retirement plan, clinical differentials, merchant ski passes, tuition reimbursement, and more!
Works under the Director of Nursing in the Doak Walker House to provide and direct resident care in accordance with Casey’s Pond policies and procedures. May supervise certified nursing assistants. Promotes quality service in accordance with Casey’s Pond, state and federal regulations.
- Participates in physician rounds and notes orders written.
- Documents/reports care provided and resident observations including unusual or significant changes in physical, mental, or behavioral conditions.
- Makes daily staff assignments and changes as needed.
- Assigns and administers medications, treatments, IV’s, Tube feedings as ordered.
- Evaluates lab and x-ray results; notifies physician of acute illness and abnormal lab and x-ray reports; enter orders on computer system.
- Responds to emergency calls, resident/visitor’s requests and corrects environmental hazards in an appropriate and safe manner.
- Obtains/performs vital signs and heights and weights.
- Examines resident records/charts to discriminate between normal and abnormal findings; recognizes when to refer the resident to a physician for evaluation.
- Initiates requests for consultation or referral and responds to requests from the resident, physician, or nursing staff.
- Performs administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc.
- Notifies Social Services or residents families of falls or changes in condition.
- Provides stand-by assist or reminders with activities of daily living such as grooming; oral hygiene; bath/shower; hair; maintaining the personal environment
- Performs clinical procedures according to facility standards.
- Maintains a working knowledge of facility infection control procedures.
- Maintains educational development in compliance with state and federal regulations and current knowledge of resident care practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Note: This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his her supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited RN or LPN program
- At least one year nursing experience in geriatric/ long term care is preferred
- CO RN or LPN License
- CPR certification required
The Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act requires employers in the state of Colorado to disclose the following information.
Compensation: $27.00/hr - $47.17/hr based on licensure and experience.
The rate listed is just one component of our total compensation package for employees. Additional benefits may include medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off (PTO), life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan, paid holidays and shift incentives.